Saturday, June 22, 2019

Happy Father's Day/Birthday to my daddy! and updates, updates, updates

What the crankshaft??? its been 6 months (okay almost 7 months) since I've updated this blog and took a while to figure out how to log in, whoops!

1. I bought a house!!! EKKKK!!! so exciting, its a townhouse and so close to work, which is AWESOME! I have a second bedroom, and I'm not really sure what to do with it... I'm thinking murphy bed, office, work out room, but its kinda small, so I don't think it would function that well in that small of a space. Time to call the property brothers! LOL!

my parents have been so wonderful (as always) but especially during the house buying process and decorating (more mom than dad!) lol! my neighbor works at the va, so that's cool.

There is a super ugly death star like light (say that 5 times fast) that my mom and her friend finally got taken down and replaced, and the renovations took awhile. My mom painted almost all of the walls, still more painting to do upstairs, I got new wood floors (so pretty!) and we (and by we, I mean mom) redid the kitchen. It was oak and orange and mom painted the cabinets an espresso brown and the walls are now white.. yah! the previous home owner came by to pick up some mail and said she liked it, but I found out she is a professional clown (is that a term?) and I'm guessing all the crazy colors and lights were because of her profession, I'm guessing. lol.

so the reason why I am updating is because last Sunday was Father's Day, so that means my dad's birthday is right around the corner (in 2 days!) of course he won't read this, but I have been so blessed by my dad (and mom too.. note to self on Mothers day I locked myself and our family out of my house and had car issues, so it was more like calamity weekend!)

I'm such a daddy's girl and proud of it! He is one of my best friends (the others being my mom and sister, and Kristi Yamaguchi (she just doesn't know it!) i feel like I get my passion for things like figure skating, Joe Mauer (he had his number retired last weekend, and of course I cried when he got choked up... especially when he told his baby son Chip "you've missed it all, but I can't wait to tell you all about it. You and your sisters are my most special gift." oh my heart. but I digress... star wars, mn twins, and disney just to name some of my passions right now.

We celebrated father's day/dad's birthday/healthy heart (8 years now) last Sunday and it was so much fun!! dad declared in the morning that he wanted waffles so mom made up the batter and then we used grandma Dorothy's waffle iron, Jackie said she knew what we could get him next year, but he literally screamed NO! because hers is the best, I guess. lol!

I had an amazing cheat day with waffles and sausage and then we decided to take the pups for a drive to the gravel pit, dad only agreed when we all said we would go to the gravel pit, lol. he loves that thing and the pups love car rides. Mom, Jackie and I were squished in the back and Casey and Scoutie shared the front seat, such a rough life for pups!

After that we played cards... so much fun! Deetie and I almost beat the married couples in krebs, darn it! we gotta strategize for next time.

dad told us about the kimball post office bombing from way back in 1976 and there is a reward of 100,000 with anyone who has information, I want to solve it! just like that pod caster helped solve what happened with Jacob Wetterling all those years later....

Dad also told us how he had heard a song when he was a teenager and could never find it again, until last Sunday... so funny! a candy song or something, he was pretty excited!

all in all it was a fabulous weekend celebrating my amazing dada! love him so much and so blessed by him! Can't wait to go to disney in September. Can't believe its been almost 2 years since I've been down there, but now we are going for halloween since our favorite night show is ending :(   but its a good excuse to go down there, especially with the new star wars land opening up soon! Happy fathers day, healthy heart and birthday to my daddy!

Saying a prayer to those kids without fathers or fathers without kids.

No comments: