Saturday, February 11, 2017

Anxiety

I think I've had anxiety since I was a young kid. I've always been really shy and quiet and still am to this day.

Well sometimes my anxiety can turn into a panic attack and my family are usually the people who help me out when it gets that far for example:

last year I got my annual certified letter from my landlord telling me that my rent was going to increase, this was going to be my third year living there, so I figured it would just go up $10 like it did the year before, but it went up $25 and my parents were in Florida. I freaked out, full on tears imaging that I was going to be homeless, when I have a panic attack I imagine the worst case scenario, I'm not sure why I thought I would be homeless as I know my parents would ALWAYS let me move back home before it even got close to the point, when I had my chest pain I immediately thought that I was going to have to have emergency triple bypass surgery (i'm so dramatic) so I called my parents and first made sure they weren't at Disney World aka the happiest place on earth before I started crying and when I cry it turns into full run on sentences and then dad goes to mom "Here you talk to her!" LOL! he's so funny, but yes my momma is the best at calming me down. I don't remember what she said, but she is definitely the voice of reason in my life.

Well today I got notice about a certified letter, and of course I went to the wrong post office. I was hoping I could pick it up at the USPS that wasn't as crazy busy as the one next to me, nope I was wrong and had to go wait in line at the one I hate. GRRRR. side note-if you know me personally, you know I like to go to stores right when they open, go off my list and get out... so I got my letter from my landlord and I couldn't open it, I was that nervous.

I had to drive all the way to my parents house (20 minute drive mind you) and have my dad open it. so glad that I got it while they were home. Only to find out my rent is only going up $10/month this year and then dad was like "now you have more money to go toward your 401K". LOL! my dad is like my financial guru. Although now I am waiting on my hospital bill and my car is not behaving. oh man. I need a rich guy. any doctors or lawyers out there?? Joe Mauer where are you?

don't get me wrong though, I am very proud of my financial situation I just freak out over my budget and finances in general and especially because everything increases every year, like rent, cable, phone, ugh, so annoying!!

#myfinancesrock #myfinancialadvisorisawesome #hesmydad

2 comments:

Jackie Sommers said...

$25 is never worth a panic attack. If you think it is, then you have deceived yourself or let Dad make you think that!

Kristin said...

it's probably me, I feel like I have no money, even though I know I do. I have this thing where I can't spend big amounts of money at one time, so I could go to Target multiple times and buy small amounts, but if I get something expensive on one trip I get really anxious about it. It's weird, I know.