Sunday, February 26, 2017

wow-today's message was AMAZING!

and I mean that in a good and scary way....

I will post it when it goes on the website, I think Thursday??

It was about witnessing, which is something that I've always struggled with. I'm uber shy and quiet, so the thought of having to bring people to Christ gives me a lot of anxiety. I like to think of myself as Moses in the Bible and that when he was too scared to lead the Israelites out of Egypt, God sent Moses his brother Aaron, which is kind of ironic for me because my sister Jackie is someone that I've always looked up to (and not just because she's older, because I'm taller than she is!) but because of how Godly she is. So that story really resonates with me, big word for me right sister (she's also the writer/grammar police in the family).

Then close to the end of the message our pastor asked who have you brought to Christ in the last 3-6 months, and my goal has always been to bring someone to Christ. For awhile it was to bring a specific friend to Christ, but our friendship ended a while ago, but I still keep praying for the change to baptize someone that I bring to Christ.

I feel like a bad Christian for not having brought someone to Christ, this is a goal for me though. I do hope that my actions can make me stick out, but I know I need to witness. Does anyone else struggle with this? My family have even bought me Christian clothing, but I just feel like I don't know enough about Christ (even though I've known him my whole life) and because he is not a physical human that I can introduce people to, that is what I struggle with.

What about you? Or is it just me?

THEN...... the pastors wife was talking about how she donated the price of another ticket for her sons field trip and just wrote on the check "scholarship for another student" and it just made me feel so stingy. I've always been very careful with my money, but I know I need to work on this.

Wow, this message was so good that it still has me digesting it and I heard it this morning and its 11:30 at night. I'm gonna post it when its on the churches website. I would love to get your opinion about it.

PS I do think its great that a message has such a profound affect on me and is making me think different things.... so let the discussion begin!

No comments: