Friday, February 24, 2017

Hard work pays off

It's amazing to me how drained I can feel at the end of a work week. This Friday was different though because one of our physicians assistant was retiring. very sad since she is wonderful, sometimes we as receptionist are not treated very well by other staff, and I've always liked working with this PA. She's very nice and makes sure to explain what I need to do to help her patients.

These last couple of days she has been having lunch with staff just to say good bye, etc and I didn't get the chance to eat with her, so I asked a coworker if I should pull this PA aside, just to say thanks for everything and enjoy retirement. My coworker said that I should, so I pulled her aside and she was so complimentary about my work ethic and how much she has enjoyed working with me. and she gave me a hug, my coworker told me that she wasn't hugging other people over her lunch farewells, and I almost started to cry. It feels so good to be recognized for your hard work. That is why I work as hard as I do. I tend to be very guarded and quiet at work, just to avoid drama, so to even approach this PA was kind of intimidating, but I'm so glad I did.

We're gonna miss you EBW, enjoy retirement! Thank you for being so great to all of your staff!

No comments: