Saturday, April 4, 2009

bad news!

i got laid off on Thursday, it was HORRIBLE!!! jill came into work and said that she heard the layoffs were going to happen that day, and then we get an email from the president saying that there is going to be a meeting and so we knew that something was up, and then i got an email from my direct boss saying that our supervisor needed to talk to me, which i knew meant i was going to get WHACKED, as my dad calls it. then i found out Jayne got laid off too, and it was because we don't do digital, even though my boss said we were going to get trained later on?!?!?!

oh well, i am glad, i mean i have been praying about it, but now i have no idea what is next for me. Of course i cleaned out my stuff, and then our supervisor walked Jayne and i out, which made me feel like a prisioner or something. we do get a severance package, which is nice, and i am working on getting my unemployment pushed through, but as soon as i was by myself in my car i started sobbing, and i tried calling my dad left message, sister left message, mom left message, finally i got home emailed my pod to tell them, and got lots of great responses, which feels good, and then got ahold of my mom and went home and formulated a plan with the fam, nothing like being a member of the Sommers family to get me through this, even kevy was supportive and was like "We are going to find you a job with normal hours!" haha! i know i can always go home, but i am going to stick it out until at least my lease is up at the end of the summer. my dad was excited for me since he knew that CM wasn't my dream job, and so the goal is the pray and figure out what i want to do.

then i came home, and we were told since there were so many layoffs that there was going to be a job fair, but it was at 8:00 in the morning, and i didn't sleep very well at all, so when it was time to get up, i kept sleeping! oh well!

then i talked to Sara, and she was so wonderful, i almost started to bawl when i talked to her cuz she said her friend from work was in a car accident and here i was complaining about being unemployed, so that gave me the kick in the butt i needed, and i had planned to go to her house and spend the night and scrapbook, and i kinda wanted to be by myself, but she was like "NO, you are coming over!" which was really fun! we went to her house and played games and then went to bed early, since i was EXHAUSTED, and then i did wake up early, we played more games and then scrapbooked, and i finished my Arizona one, YAH!

then it was off to church, and i needed that worship session, especially with everything going on, and with Easter coming up, which was also another good kick in the butt, like here i am complaining about being unemployed, when Jesus died the most HORRIBLE death in the world.

then after church i chatted with some people, which was good, i'm not usually good about mingling and then it was on to meet Lisa, which i was kinda nervous about, but of course it was great! I have some great friends. We met at Scheels, in the twins stuff, and she gave me a hug, and we chatted, and I got a Joe Mauer shirt to wear to the game we are going to on his b-day, hey i can splurge i just lost my job!!! then we went to some party stores to get b-day stuff for joe to get on TV, i hope that works, and then we went to perkins and just chatted, it sounds like things are crazy at CM because of the lay offs and our boss Jessica leaving too, but i am praying that everything stays well there! i miss them already! haha!

but it was a great day, now i am going to chill the rest of the weekend, part of the family plan, and then on monday i am going to turn in some forms to HR, and then go home and have my mom help me fill out the unemployment stuff, and then watch the first twins game of the new season, HOORAY!!!!! So exciting! :)

well that is my news, PRAYERS needed!!!

No comments: