Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A great day was had at PCI!!

What a good day! I woke up this morning (actually this afternoon) kind of feeling sick, like "What am I doing leaving PCI, and the familar", and then later tonight it just hit me that I am doing something good for me. Maybe it was God telling me "I've always planned for you to work at Creative Memories, you just were stubborn and wouldn't listen to me, AGAIN!"

Today was great, my friend Heidi (hrba, PCI initials!) and I went to lunch together, and that was so much fun. Out of all my PCI friends I think we are the closest, and we just talked forever, and then discovered that we were late getting back! Her dad is going through some health concerns regarding his leg, so please pray! She is actually trying for my old position which makes me more sad, because she works in a different department, so I was like, "I wish you always worked in CP" because I am 100% sure she will get my old job, but then she reminded me that if I didn't leave she would still be in another department because that position wouldn't be open!!!

I am also working with Amber, the recently new hire, and I feel like she reminds me of me when I started at PCI, and I think I know in my head that going to a new job will be scary and crazy and nervewracking and all that, but if i give it time, like I did at PCI, after awhile, it will get better. I feel good that I am doing this for me, sure i love my co-workers and we have so much fun, but I HATE what I do, so I feel like I am doing this for me, and it feels good and scary, of course!!! My dad was telling me how proud he was of me because he's been at his job for 34 years, and that he said I had guts for leaving something I hate, but know, and trying something new. My dad and I are alike in that we both HATE change, sure I could stay at my job forever, but not be happy, but the bonus is that I can ALWAYS get together with my co-workers, sure it won't be the same as seeing them everyday, but if I get off my butt and call, we can make plans, and then I can do a job I love and meet more people that I will learn to love. I am very bad at getting in contact with people I don't see, but I think I am working at that. I've been trying for awhile to more involved and to reach outside of my little shell, since i deal with a very bad case of SHYNESS!! It's ridiculous! With God by my side, I can do anything or to be exact

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!" Phillipians 4:13!!!

Also, I have to remember my favorite verse, "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself" Matthew 6:34b (A favorite of mine, and good reminder!)

Also, I was cleaning through my cubicle today, and I am such a packrat, that I found things I saved from 3 1/2 YEARS AGO! Crazy I know, but it was so fun to look at some old memories, and share them with others, and remember them with those who are still there. It was actually a lot of fun, since I thought I would be sad, but it was good! After I got everything organized, I set up kind of a store that I called "Used Goods Store" and emailed my closest co-workers and told them to come and get whatever they wanted. I had everything from pens to some old lotion that someone gave to me, I think Ernie, and it smells really bad and I think it's from literally 3 1/2 years ago, a lot of people got a kick out of it. I told people to come visit only when the store is open this week, when I work, and to come get stuff and hang out for a few minutes! I put a closed sign on my desk after I left for the night! It's going to be so sad to leave, but I have a c0-worker that worked at Creative Memories, and she has been telling me about all the great things to look forward to, which excites me!

BREATHE KRISTIN!!!

While I love you all, but I need to go to bed! More later! :)

No comments: